Fruit & Nut Chicken Salad
The ingredients that you will need
- Red Grapes – 2 Handful Cut in Half
- Cooked Chicken – 2 Cups Chopped Small
- Cashews – 1 Handful Chopped
- Pecans – 1 Handful Chopped
- Pineapples Bites – 1 Cup Coarsely Chopped (Sprinkle Sugar on top and set a side)
- 1/4 Cup of Pineapple Juice
- Green Onions – 1/4 Cup Chopped
- 1/4 Cup of Mayo
I start off chopping up all the ingredients and putting them into a medium size bowl. Then slowly mix it so I do not break the pieces up to much. If I know that I will not be eating it until the next day I just mix it in the contain that I am going to be storing it in. I liking not having to create more work for my self.
I really like making this the night before I am going to eat it, since It gives the pineapple juice time to soaked into all the chicken and the nuts. Since I buy my grapes a little more on the firm side it gives the salad a crisp and delicious taste.
You can make a meal with this Fruit and Nut Salad mixture by toasting some nice baguette bread or make a light snake with some Wheat thin or any cracker for that matter.
So let eat light and fresh.
Look forward to my post on Sunday
Crab Rangoon / Crab Puffs.